Friday, February 6, 2015

Color Inspiration II

In my first post, I shared an 18th century Tudor-style gown with corresponding bead styles and colors. Continuing with that theme, I have posted a dress used in "The Tudors" and worn by Jane Seymour (Henry VIII's third wife, played by Annabelle Wallis).

(image from http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/queen-jane-seymour/images/30747797/title/jane-photo)

You can use any of your favorite beading suppliers. I find that Fire Mountain Gems and Beads has the best variety, so all of the beads I post can be found on that site. If you click the image, you will be linked to that item on the site in a new window.


I chose this rose peach glass pearl to represent the underlying or background pink in this dress. 


I chose this opaque gold carmen fire-polished bead to represent the intricate antique gold embroidery in the bodice and the sleeves. 



I chose this sand opal bicone crystal bead to represent the outstanding lace collar. 


I chose this color-lined pink copper seed bead to represent the darker pink that creates a pattern on the dress. I try to choose a seed bead color that will "frame" the other three colors because typically that is how they are used in beading patterns. 

These soft colors are fabulous together. You could not go wrong using them to create timeless classic jewelry. Have fun with your patterns. I will be posting examples of jewelry using these color palettes very soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment