Thursday, February 5, 2015

Color Inspiration

I love classic looking jewelry. Regal, brilliant, and coherent colors. My favorite way to create color combinations is to find an image of an 18th century gown that was either worn by royalty or in royal courts. I find beads to match those colors that I can use when producing new pieces of jewelry. This is my first "Color Inspiration" post. Below you will see one of my favorite Tudor-style gowns.




(image from http://www.rossetti.vispa.com/elizabethan.html)


You can use any of your favorite beading suppliers, but I find that Fire Mountain Gems and Beads has the best variety, so all of the beads I post can be found on that site. If you click the image, you will be linked to that item on the site in a new window.


I chose this dark indigo bicone crystal bead to represent the blue in the piping and across the chest of this dress.


I chose this garnet red fire-polished bead to represent the vibrant red in the flowers and on the sleeves. 



I chose this rose gold glass pearl to represent the beautiful satin skirt. 


I chose this opaque khaki gold seed bead to represent the embroidery in the bodice, such as the leaves (this gold has just a hint of green in it). 

There it is! Four versatile styles of beads that will adapt to almost any pattern for bracelets, earrings, and so on. If those colors looked so amazing together on that breath-taking dress, how could they not be amazing in the jewelry you create?

No comments:

Post a Comment