Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Color Inspiration IV

Changing things up a bit for this post. In addition to 18th century dresses, I am inspired by the nature around us. How can you go wrong with naturally occurring gorgeous color patterns? 




You can use any of your favorite beading suppliers. I find that Fire Mountain Gems and Beads has the best variety, so all of the beads I post can be found on that site. If you click the image, you will be linked to that item on the site in a new window.





I chose this deep brown glass pearl to represent the branches. 



I chose these pink fire-polished beads to capture these brilliant flowers. 





I chose these smokey quartz Swarovski bicone beads to pick up the greys in the background. 




I chose this opaque luster blue denim seed bead to represent the blue highlights that pop out of the background. I try to choose a seed bead color that will "frame" the other three colors because typically that is how they are used in beading patterns. 

Use nature whenever you can to inspire color combinations. Get creative! 

No comments:

Post a Comment