Thursday, March 19, 2015

Color Inspiration VI

This is a rich, garnet and black Tudor style dress from the 18th century worn by Anne Boleyn (Henry VIII's 2nd wife, played by Natalie Dormer) in "The Tudors." The dress is pictured below, along with coordinating bead ideas.


You can use any of your favorite beading suppliers. I find that Fire Mountain Gems and Beads has the best variety, so all of the beads I post can be found on that site. If you click the image, you will be linked to that item on the site in a new window.


I chose these garnet red Swarovski bicone crystal beads to capture both the satin and velvet red in this the dress. 

I chose these opaque jet black fire-polished beads to represent the deep black trim and embroidery in the dress. 



I chose these matte light brown AB fire-polished beads to represent the lighter gold color in the embroidery on the dress. 

I chose this opaque metallic light bronze seed bead to represent both the embroidery and elegant trim on the dress. I try to choose a seed bead color that will "frame" the other three colors because typically that is how they are used in beading patterns.

The red and black (highlighted with gold) is very striking. You will be sure to stand out wearing jewelry incorporating this color combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment