Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Color Inspiration V

This is an elegant-looking classic Elizabethan dress from the 18th century that would have been worn at court. The dress is pictured below, along with coordinating bead ideas.



You can use any of your favorite beading suppliers. I find that Fire Mountain Gems and Beads has the best variety, so all of the beads I post can be found on that site. If you click the image, you will be linked to that item on the site in a new window.




I chose this white glass pearl to represent the swirl color that appears in the base fabric of the dress. 





I chose these smoke fire-polished beads to represent the base fabric in the dress. 



I chose these jet Swarovski bicone crystal beads to capture the black highlights in the sleeves and trim of the dress. 




I chose this opaque metallic light bronze seed bead to represent the embroidery in the dress. I try to choose a seed bead color that will "frame" the other three colors because typically that is how they are used in beading patterns. 

You can never go wrong with black and white. This color combination would go with absolutely any outfit. This will definitely be win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment